KAH Chen Yong, James
2009 Ph.D., Bioengineering, NUS
2003 B.Eng. (1st class honors), Electrical Engineering, NUS
Professional Work Experience
|2017 - present
||Principal Investigator, National Cancer Centre Singapore
|2012 - present
||Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, NUS
|2010 - 2012
||Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biological Engineering, MIT
|2008 - 2010
||Lecturer, School of Engineering, Temasek Polytechnic
|2007 - 2008
||Research Engineer, Division of Bioengineering, NUS
|2004 - 2007
||Ph.D. Candidate, National Cancer Centre Singapore
Department of Biomedical Engineering
Nanomedicine, Nanobiotechnology, Theranostics, Nanorheology, Gold Nanomaterials, Protein Coronas, Nanophotonics, Biophotonics, Biosensors, Nanorobotics, Nanomachines, Nanomotors.
Awards and Honours
||NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Award (ATEA)
||NUS Faculty of Engineering Honors List (Teaching)
||International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (IFMBE) Asia Pacific Research Networking (APRN) Fellowship
||SEA-EU-NET International European Research Council (ERC) Starting Grants Support Scheme
||Best Poster Award, 6th MRS-S Conference on Advanced Materials
||NUS Faculty of Engineering Commendation List (Teaching)
||Best Poster Award, Symposium BB: Nanomedicine of 7th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT 2013).
For a full list of peer-reviewed publications and citation metrics, see my Google Scholar Citation Profile
- Chan KP, Gao Y, Goh JX, Susanti D, Yeo ELL, Chao SH, Kah JCY*. Exploiting the Protein Corona from Cell Lysate on DNA Functionalized Gold Nanoparticles for Enhanced mRNA Translation, Applied Materials and Interfaces 2017, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.6b15269.
- Quach QH, Kah JCY*. Non-Specific Adsorption of Complement Proteins Affects Complement Activation Pathways of Gold Nanomaterials, Nanotoxicology 2017, DOI: 10.1080/17435390.2017.1306131.
- He S, Chua J, Tan EKM, Kah JCY*. Optimizing the SERS Enhancement of a Facile Gold Nanostars Immobilized Paper-Based SERS Substrate, RSC Advances 2017; 7: 16264 – 16272.
- Yeo ELL, Neo DJH, Cheah JUJ, Goh WI, Kanchanawong P, Soo KC, Thong PSP, Kah JCY*. Exploiting the Protein Corona around Gold Nanorods for Low-Dose Combined Photothermal and Photodynamic Therapy with a Single Laser Excitation, J Mater Chem B 2017; 5: 254 – 268.
- Koh WL, Tham PH, Yu H*, Leo HL*, Kah JCY*. Aggregation and Protein Corona Formation on Gold Nanoparticles Affect Viability and Liver Functions of Primary Rat Hepatocytes, Nanomedicine 2016; 11(17): 2275–2287.
- Kah JCY, Xu Z. (2016). New Developments in Gold Nanomaterials Research. Nova Science Publishers.
- Kah JCY, Yeo ELL, He S, Engudar G. “Gold nanorods in photomedicine”, inApplications of Nanoscience in Photomedicine, eds. M. Hamblin, P. Avci and S. Lakshmanan, 2014.
- Kah JCY, “Stability and aggregation assays of nanoparticles in biological media”, in Nanomaterials Interfaces in Biology (Methods in Molecular Biology), eds. K. Hamad-Schifferli and P. Bergese, 2013.
- Kah JCY. (2011). Gold Nanomaterials: Applications in Cancer Imaging and Therapy. Saarbrücken: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing.