About the Curriculum
This programme aims to develop engineers who will be able to analyse problems from both an engineering and biomedical science perspective.
Students will be educated on the fundamentals and methodologies in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical and Material Engineering, with the focus on their applicability to biomedical problems. This would enable our students to have both the foundation and versatility, to develop effective and practical solutions relating to human health.
The course will also include / cultivate:
- Design-based and research-based projects: aimed at promoting creativity, innovative thinking, resourcefulness, and application of theories;
- Analytical problem-solving and critical thinking skills to tackle challenging problems in industry or research;
- Professionalism and ethics in engineering, legal and regulatory affairs; and
- Broad-based skills in leadership, teamwork, and management.
During the course, students will be exposed to various areas in the field of biomedical engineering. These include:
- Biomaterials/Tissue Engineering
- Biomedical Electronics and Imaging